Tuesday 7 August 2012

CSS: Less!

   


I don't know if you are already aware of LESS. If not, you will probably find it quite interesting. In fact if you're programming using CSS a lot, LESS is a powerful add on which will make things easier for you.
"LESS extends CSS with dynamic behavior such as variables, mixins, operations and functions. LESS runs on both the client-side (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) and server-side, with Node.js and Rhino"
If you are intrigued by LESS and don't know about it already, please follow me...

LESS has some powerful dynamic behaviours which will make our life easier.
Variables for instance are a really heaven sent. We can infact create variables for our CSS code when repeated values are a real pain in the neck. Just set some, and you are able to re-use them when needed.

Mixins are just like variables, but we can use them for entire classes. We can use Mixins as functions as well.

With LESS we can nest selectors inside other selectors.

Functions and operation are fully supported. We can use operation to make things really dynamic: for example we can multiply a border value (like 11px * 2).

Said that, I believe I made myself clear enough. Go and have a look! You will find LESS really helpful.

Enjoy your day and keep on reading and commenting.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. I apologize if I don't publish comments immediately.

However, I do answer to all the comments.